This is very much a work in progress. Here are the rules so far:
- You must roll to confirm critical hits. We will not use the Critical Hit or Critical Fumble decks.
- If you roll a natural 1 on an attack roll, you must make a DC 10 Reflex save to avoid dropping your weapon or some other mishap (DM’s option).
- Heavy roleplaying.
- Slow level progression.
- XP bonuses for good roleplay and creative thinking.
- XP/other penalties for excessive table talk, being unprepared and lackluster attendance.
- Character deaths. I get frustrated when I lose a character I’m playing, and I hate killing PCs as a DM because I know how I’d feel. Nevertheless, I feel that for the game to be fun, there has to be the risk of death. I don’t try to kill characters, and I don’t force you into encounters you can’t handle. At the same time, I don’t fudge dice rolls, I try to be as fair to the monsters as I am to the players, and I sprinkle in plenty of optional stuff that is way too powerful for you to tackle. I want you to sweat at every encounter.
- Regular attendance.
- Notification when you can’t make it.
- A regularly updated copy of your character sheet.
- Common courtesy at the gaming table. That means keeping non-game-related distractions at the table to a minimum, remaining quiet when it’s not your turn and staying focused on the game during the few hours we have.